SPORTS FANS UNITED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SPORTS FANS UNITED

ALL SPORTS ALL THE TIME!!!! COME TALK SPORTS WITH US...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KHL doesn't appeal to Kostitsyn

Go down 
AuthorMessage

KHL doesn't appeal to Kostitsyn Empty
PostSubject: KHL doesn't appeal to Kostitsyn   KHL doesn't appeal to Kostitsyn Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:52 pm

Canwest News Service
Published: Friday, August 22, 2008

Montreal Canadiens sophomore forward Sergei Kostitsyn isn't convinced Russia's Continental Hockey League -- known as the KHL -- will threaten the dominance of the National Hockey League.

Kostitsyn, from Belarus, said he wouldn't consider leaving the NHL even if the KHL came with a big-money offer.

"Leave the best league in the world? No, thank you," Kostitsyn told Russian prospects.com.

Kostitsyn has two years left on his entry-level contract which pays him US$816,000 a season.

"It's too early for me to talk about (the number of) zeroes in the contract," he said. "I'm still young, will get mine when it's due."

Kostitsyn scored nine goals and 18 assists in 52 games during his rookie season and is hoping for an even better campaign in 2008-09.

"Many people have warned me, (Alexander) Radulov for example, that no matter how good your first season in the NHL was, the second one will be much harder," he said.

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey/canadiens/story.html?id=568fe6d6-5b57-4fa3-88c0-df32d5245c83
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPORTS FANS UNITED :: OTHER SPORTS :: NHL-
Jump to: