SPORTS FANS UNITED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SPORTS FANS UNITED

ALL SPORTS ALL THE TIME!!!! COME TALK SPORTS WITH US...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB Empty
PostSubject: Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB   Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 am

By GEORGE HENRY, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 34 minutes ago

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP)—Matt Ryan will be the Atlanta Falcons’ starting quarterback this season.

The No. 3 overall draft pick was chosen Sunday by first-year Falcons coach Mike Smith, who indicated that Ryan will likely play just the first series of Atlanta’s preseason finale Thursday night at Baltimore.

The Falcons, who went 4-12 last year, host Detroit to begin the regular season on Sept. 7.

Ryan began training camp last month second on the depth chart behind Chris Redman, but the rookie was poised enough in a preseason win Friday over Tennessee to win the job.

The former Boston College star completed 15 of 21 passes for 102 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions. He directed a touchdown drive on his last series, the first possession of the third quarter, when Brian Finneran caught a 1-yard TD to give the Falcons a 10-3 lead.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-falcons-ryan&prov=ap&type=lgns
Back to top Go down
UNCLE BIGBEAR
Admin
UNCLE BIGBEAR

PostSubject: Re: Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB   Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:24 pm

THROWING THE ROOKIE INTO THE FIRES I LOVE IT... I THINK RYAN WILL DO FINE FOR THE FALCONS....
Back to top Go down
https://uuuu.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB   Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:33 pm

THE THING WITH THROWING A ROOKIE QB INTO THE FIRE IS THEY WILL EITHER WILT UNDER PRESSURE OR THRIVE AND BECOME A GREAT QB LIKE PEYTON MANNING OR TOM BRADY. I GUESS THE FALCONS HAVE DECIDED TO TAKE THAT RISK AND I WISH THEM ALL THE BEST WITH THAT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB   Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:46 am

I think he will do ok, but he is gonna face alot stiffer defenses than Brady and Manning did when they started
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB   Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm

He is going to have a rough time but will come out a better QB..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB   Falcons pick Ryan as starting QB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1