SPORTS FANS UNITED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SPORTS FANS UNITED

ALL SPORTS ALL THE TIME!!!! COME TALK SPORTS WITH US...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Patriots' Brady ready for opener, with start streak at stake

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Patriots' Brady ready for opener, with start streak at stake Empty
PostSubject: Patriots' Brady ready for opener, with start streak at stake   Patriots' Brady ready for opener, with start streak at stake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:56 pm

Associated Press
Updated: September 1, 2008, 2:06 PM ET

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady is ready to play in the New England Patriots' opener but stopped short Monday of saying he would.

"If it's up to me, there's no question" Brady said. "I've been getting progressively better over the past couple of weeks. I'm excited. I'm excited to start the year."

Brady, who has a right foot injury, didn't play in any of four exhibition games although he said he could have. New England lost all four exhibition games.

"I felt like I could play all of them and I practiced the entire preseason, pretty much," he said. "The decision was made that, OK, Tom, you're not going to play, and I was fine with it."

The Patriots start the regular season Sunday at home against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Brady stretched and did agility drills with his teammates during the first 15 minutes of Monday's practice to which the media were admitted.

Brady has started New England's last 127 games, the third longest streak in NFL history for quarterbacks. Only Brett Favre and Peyton Manning have longer streaks.

"The way he directs things out there is what puts us in the right position to make these plays," tackle Matt Light said. "So it's good to have him back."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3563761
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1