SPORTS FANS UNITED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SPORTS FANS UNITED

ALL SPORTS ALL THE TIME!!!! COME TALK SPORTS WITH US...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top receivers could miss Eagles' opener

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UNCLE BIGBEAR
Admin
UNCLE BIGBEAR

Top receivers could miss Eagles' opener Empty
PostSubject: Top receivers could miss Eagles' opener   Top receivers could miss Eagles' opener Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 am

Curtis, Brown still trying to get healthy before the season starts

By GEOFF MOSHER • The News Journal • August 27, 2008

PHILADELPHIA -- It's not far-fetched to think the Eagles will open the regular season Sept. 7 against St. Louis without their starting receiving tandem.

Kevin Curtis is sidelined indefinitely after undergoing sports hernia surgery and Reggie Brown admitted Tuesday that although he's optimistic his hamstring pull will be ancient history when the Rams come here, he can't make guarantees.

"It's just one of those injuries that, you have to take your time with it," Brown said Tuesday. "If you don't take your time with it, then you'll have it for a whole year."

In his last press conference before Thursday's preseason game, head coach Andy Reid said Brown definitely wouldn't play against the Jets.

Brown said he wouldn't be able to play Thursday if it were a regular-season game. His timetable is Wednesday, which will probably be the team's first practice in preparation for St. Louis.

He said his chance of returning by Wednesday is high, but he couldn't promise anything.

"It's been getting better every day. Hopefully, when it's time for us to go and start practicing for St. Louis, I'll be healthy," he said. "But you never know, anything can happen. I'm going to stay upbeat about it, keeping working on it and hope for the best."

Brown's latest injury is an ominous sign for the fourth-year receiver who didn't have the breakout 2007 season he and fans expected.

He already missed time in training camp with an Achilles strain that took him out of the first preseason game.

The hamstring injury, which he suffered on the offense's first play against Carolina, sidelined him the rest of that game and the New England game.

When the season opens, Brown will have played a total of one snap during the preseason.

"If any injury was to happen, I guess this would be the best time for it to happen," he said. "I'm lucky in that respect."
Still undecided

Normally, Reid rests his starters for the fourth and final preseason game. But the coach said he was undecided about playing his starters Thursday night.

"We will just wait until we get to the game day and I will determine how long I want everybody to go," Reid said.

Reid said he wasn't leaning one way or another. Asked why he'd play starters and buck his past tradition, Reid pointed to the 10 days between Thursday's game and the season opener.

"It seems like a long period of time," he said. "I wanted to get those guys into the third quarter in this last game [against New England] and ended up pulling them out at halftime. It's just something to evaluate, the number of plays they have had."

Reid said he wouldn't have second-string quarterback Kevin Kolb run with the first team to give everyone aside from Donovan McNabb some extra reps.
Wing tips

The Eagles placed cornerback Jack Ikegwuono [knee] on the reserve/non-football injury list and released kicker/punter Richmond McGee to cut down the roster to 75, per NFL rule. Ikegwuono is recovering from knee surgery he had prior to the 2008 scouting combine and can rejoin the team anywhere between Weeks 6-9 of the regular season. ... Every NFL team must be at 53 players by 4 p.m. Saturday. ... Those who won't play Thursday are: receiver Reggie Brown [hamstring], safety Brian Dawkins [ankle], defensive ends Chris Clemons [calf] and Victor Abiamiri [wrist] and running back Ryan Moats [ankle].

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/BL/20080827/SPORTS02/808270329/1015
Back to top Go down
https://uuuu.forumotion.net

Top receivers could miss Eagles' opener Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top receivers could miss Eagles' opener   Top receivers could miss Eagles' opener Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:29 pm

THE EAGLES ARE A WEIRD TEAM, IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT MCNABB WILL DO , THE EAGLES SUCCESS DEPENDS LARGELY ON HOW MCNABB DOES.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1