SPORTS FANS UNITED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SPORTS FANS UNITED

ALL SPORTS ALL THE TIME!!!! COME TALK SPORTS WITH US...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jackson has career game against Raiders

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Jackson has career game against Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Jackson has career game against Raiders   Jackson has career game against Raiders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:01 am

Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson had a career game Thursday night, helping the Bolts’ improve to a 5-8 record on the season with a victory over conference rival, the Oakland Raiders.

Jackson had 148 receiving yards on five receptions on the night, including a 59-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter. It was the first time in the regular season that the four-year vet passed the century mark in his NFL career.

“He was pressing and we know that they like to a lot of one-on-one press and I beat him on the release,” Jackson said of his sixth touchdown catch of the season. “It was supposed to be a post but the ball kind of just went up the field and Philip (Rivers) just gave me a chance to go get it.”

Jackson’s quarterback displayed happiness for his target.

“Vincent has been great all year,” Rivers said. “He is a really big play-down the field receiver. He was able to connect on two really big ones and was able to make some other catches through out the game.”

The other “big one” Rivers referred to was a 46 yard catch early in the first quarter. Jackson made the grab despite Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha impeding Jackson’s path to the under-thrown ball and earning a flag for pass interference. The Chargers declined the penalty.

“The ball was a little short and I knew the guys were catching up to me,” Jackson said. “I got some space on them but I just fought back for the ball. I fought back through them and they kind of impeded my progress but I just focused on catching the ball. I saw it pretty much the whole time. Once I was going to the ground I just kind of had a feel for the ball in my hands and just tried to keep it against my body.”

Rivers wasn’t the only teammate of Jackson’s that was pleased with his play.

“He looked good,” fellow receiver Chris Chambers said. “Coming off last week I don’t think he had a reception and he came back and played big. It’s great to get started early in the game and he just kept it going. Philip was feeding him he had his opportunities and made all of them work today. You need to get him into a Pro Bowl.”

http://chargers.com/news/headlines/jackson-has-career.htm
Back to top Go down

Jackson has career game against Raiders
Page 1 of 1